Thursday, July 8, 2010

Deutschland fails to advance to the Finals


I am sleepy! I slept at 2:00 A.M. and had barely 5 hours of sleep. What did I do? I watched the game of Germany vs Spain in the semifinals of the World Cup. Yet, to my disappointment, my fave team Germany failed to advance to the finals versus the Netherlands. Yay! Still up to the end, I screamed for "Deutschland!" Resurrect Hitler! (Grrrr)

Anyway, the performance of Spain was truly laudable. But the defense of Germany was unshakable! But there was someone missing in their team which, as I can see it, made their play against the Spaniards a little bit tougher. The absence of Thomas Mueller made most spectators doubt Germany's chances to grasp at the coveted cup. The 20-year old midfielder was yellow carded from the previous clash against Argentina when he (accidentally) hit the ball with his left arm. What an error! The poor fellow just watched the whole time at the bench and in the 76th minute of the intense game, the Spaniards luckily scored a goal, leaving the Deutsche desperately scrambling for a counter attack to tie the score! The match finally ended with a score of 1-0 in favor of Spain.

Not to mention, the infamous octopus from Germany, from the very beginning, predicted the result of Germany's every game! Funny to say but based on my readings, that two-year old octopus had a 95% accuracy. How can the octopus tell who's gonna win? Oh well, they just place two boxes with food inside an aquarium, one box with the flag of Germany, and another one with the flag of the opponent country, for instance Spain. They then put the octopus inside that aquarium and let it decide which box it's gonna open. Interestingly, the octopus first landed over the box of Germany but it changed its mind and opened Spain's box instead! Legendary octopus! It could be a traitor but it could not be a hypocrite! I couldn't believe the Germans have that kind of idiosyncrasy. Could that prediction of the bizarre creature have a psychological effect on Germany? Well, I don't think so. Nonetheless, it was a fight well fought! At least they were not pounded and it was a close fight! If Mueller was there, could it have turned things around? Probably yes. I can only assume. For me, Germany is definitely a force to be reckoned with!

No comments:

Post a Comment